Friday, April 13, 2012

Sunday Easter 2012

We woke up Sunday Easter morning SUPER excited for this day! We have known the gender for about 2 weeks now and it's been eating at us to tell EVERYONE! I think it was harder for Chris than me only because I was planning this big day and knew how excited and fun it would be for everyone. Our day went as follows, we woke up and got ready for church, went to church, picked up the cupcakes, stopped for a last minute grocery trip, headed home, threw the hams in the oven, decorated the house, made other food items, picked up the back yard, did dishes, then people started to arrive. From when church got out at 11:15 to when people showed up at 2 I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make sure everything was perfect, in the end I realized it didn't matter if it was perfect, the day in itself would be perfect! 

When we woke up somebody had put this huge pink tablecloth with "It's a Girl" in our front yard with about 50 forks YES FORKS sticking in the ground. Still to this day we have NO CLUE who did this! 

My cute girls posing for daddy and their Easter pictures

Pink & Blue Balloons

Me in front of the house, we wrapped pink and blue ribbon around the pillars 

Deviled Eggs, Bean Dip, and Fruit Salad

Potato Salad, Shirleys famous Beans

My 2 DELICIOUS hams! (if I do say so myself)

We had everyone who came wear what color they believed the baby would be, so of course our girls had to be in on the festivities as well. Chris and I decided that if the girls could talk and put their vote in this is what they would say. Cirrus would say "I want a boy, someone who will throw my ball/frisbee a thousand times and I would get tired before he would" Kyra would say "I want a girl, someone who will brush my hair and paint my fingernails and let me snuggle her"

The cupcakes before everyone dug into them

Everybody just biting into their cupcakes & soon to be Grandpa Curt (the one with his fist in the air) just realizing he is going to have a grandson OH and that he was right on his vote! :)

My mom and Grandpa John, getting ready to bite into their cupcakes, I think in the end we had 10 votes for a girl and 8 for boys. It came down to basically the women wore pink and the men wore blue. There is only one granddaughter in the family so the girls are WAY out numbered to say the least!

Aunt Connie & soon to be Grandpa Curt

Chris & I even decided to join in with the festivities, I wore pink & he wore blue! Just to throw everybody off! They were all SURE it was a girl because I was wearing Pink! :) hahaha
Nana & Grandpa John - see what I mean Pink & Blue

2 comments:

Jessie and Brody said...

Congrats! what a fun way to tell your family!!

Ralph and Jaquel said...

This has got to be the cutest way to tell people. Congrats again!!!!!!