Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Shower Gift Idea Thanks to Pinterest

I found this really cute idea on Pinterest (I'm an addict) of making a Hospital Survival Kit for a first time mom. I finally have a friend here in Moab that is having a baby that I can make one of these for. She is due a month in a half before me with a little girl! 


I took a regular pink gift bag, my zebra tape & some foam letters and put this together

I also found this cute idea on Pinterest and decided I needed to add it to her survival kit (I also think I'll make some for our home when Baby comes home). Because it's a lot nicer way than saying "wash your stinkin' hands before you touch my kid" ;-) I just took a regular hand sanitizer bottle, took off the front label, and put little stickers & little jewels on it.  If you can't read it, it says 
"Sanitize Before Snuggle"

The contents I have added to the kit, from left of picture to the right are as follows:

Nature Valley Bars
Burts Bees Chapstick
A Soap container that has 2 stretchy headbands and 3 hair ties 
A loufa
Fruit Punch gatorade
Fun colorful socks
Coconut Lime lotion
Chocolate Kisses
Breathe Mints
Face wipes
Coconut Lime body spray
Q-tips
Nail Buffer
Compact Mirror
Tweezers
&
Nail Clippers

The final project looked something like this! I'm pretty happy about it if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

RuthAnn said...

What an adorable and clever kit. And what a cute gift also.