Monday, November 14, 2011

Maybe....TMI....WARNING!

This is a post about some personal stuff in Chris & I's life but I want to have it for memory....if you start reading and don't want to keep reading, that's up to you. But I obviously don't mind sharing or I wouldn't be blogging in the first place!

YES this might be TMI (too much information) but as most of you know I suffered a miscarriage back in May. Well most don't know I immediately had a second one as well. I found out I was pregnant with the first fetus (I don't call it a baby...I think it helped me heal faster) at the end of February 2011. I was 10 weeks when I went in for my 2nd check up and we couldn't find a heart beat. I had no idea that the fetus had stopped growing at 7 weeks. The first miscarriage happened on Mother's Day 2011. Roughly 6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant again, NOT PLANNED! I went in for my 1st check up and found out that there was no embryo in the sack. Very rough to handle. I told Chris that I needed time mentally as well as physically before we started to try and have a baby again. We PREVENTED it!! If you have not been through a miscarriage, do not judge because you have no idea what the body does & how it takes a toll on your heart, body & soul. I also decided during our "preventing" stage that I wanted a new doctor.

My old doctor's office was absolutely horrid, at least I thought. The front desk people were extremely rude every time I went in and numerous times they forgot/lost my appointment, numerous times they had me dress down to a robe, to have the doctor come in and say ummm...why are you in a gown I don't need you in a gown get back in your clothes. Then on numerous times they would tell me I didn't need an ultrasound so I could go ahead and pee, when to turn out they needed a urine sample as well as an ultrasound so I had to sit around and down ounces of h2o before they could perform the above mentioned. That would take at least an hour before we could accomplish those. When I had the first miscarriage the doctor was in the middle of delivering a baby, he came in, handed me some grieving papers and said that I had to have 2 more miscarriages before he tested for ANYTHING. The second miscarriage he just said try again and see ya in a couple of months. Needless to say I was fed up with that office.

Back to the new doctor.....In August Chris was in a work accident where he broke a rib while searching a building, he fell through a 10 foot wooden box, which landed him at the ER with broken ribs & head injuries. We had to go back to our "family" doctor for a check up with Chris and I FORBID to take him to the above doctor. I proceeded to call around to friends and found a doctor by the name John Sanders. I made the appointment for Chris and absolutely felt at home in his office. He was from Florida and had just moved to Moab a few weeks before that. Needless to say I was IN LOVE! He made us feel so welcomed and actually sat and talked with us about follow up care and things we could do at home.

Chris and I decided in October that we were ready to start trying again. It had been about 3 months since the second miscarriage and my monthly visit from mother nature was back on track. I went in and met with Dr. Sanders, he drew some blood and he tested for my progesterone levels as well as my FSH levels. They all came back normal. Which is a great sign! I go in next week for a pelvic and regular ultra sound to make sure all of my internals are ok. He told Chris and I that we do the duty of getting the baby and he will do the duty of keeping the baby in my belly. Apparently there are ways to prevent miscarriages unless God just says NO. Another thing I forgot to mention of the above mentioned doctor HE NEVER ONCE tested my levels during my first pregnancy NO BLOOD WORK WAS DONE until after the miscarriage to make sure my levels were done. Dr. Sanders told me that he was taught at a Catholic school and they believe in keeping babies not getting rid of babies so he would do everything in his power to make sure we kept that healthy baby. He is such a great dr and I couldn't ask for anything better. If you are from a small town you understand how you can be limited on resources when it comes to health care. I am so blessed to have Dr. Sanders in Moab and to hopefully have a new bundle of joy within the year or so. I will keep you updated on the progress & what the doctor says. Like I said if you don't want to read about this kind of stuff you are more than welcome to delete my blog from your peeping schedule! :)

Keep us in your prayers!

P.S. If you have curious questions....put them in a comment and I might do another post to answer the questions. Only if I get enough questions!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is very exciting! You should not have to suffer through a doctors incompetence when you are going through something so life altering. The two of you will make wonderful parents.

Carly said...

aw thanks for sharing! I can't even imagine how hard TWO miscarriages would be. and that first doctor is a douche!!!!!!!!

so happy for you that you found that new doctor. i'll be praying for you guys!

Jessie and Brody said...

Maggie- You are so positive I love it. I was tearing up reading the beginning but you are so strong I know many women who could never go what you went through. You're both in our prayers. We love you.

Lenard said...

Oh Mags, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! Miscarriages are hard, I actually had one! Glad you guys found a new Doc too, sounds like he's going to do good things for ya! We love ya, and your in our prayers!

Chris & Maggie said...

Thank you all for your support it truly means so much!!! Hopefully we will have good news soon enough!! :)