Monday, December 8, 2008

Our weekend....

Ok so I caught a cold from my co-workers and started feeling it Friday morning. I hate being sick especially when it's in my sinus's (did I spell that right) it feels like my head is going to burst any minute. Anyway, Saturday I bundled up and went to dinner with my best friends Katelyn, Rachel & Shantelle. We decided to go to the Red Rock Brewery in Salt Lake and other then the parking being absolutely ridiculous the place had extremely good food. After dinner we headed to Temple Square (pictures to come) to see the Christmas Lights(note: next year do NOT go on a Saturday!!!). It was so busy we had to wait until their was a clearing in the crowd to get pictures in front of the reflection pond and let me tell you what that was a bit harder than it sounds people are so oblivious to others. Everytime we would get a clearing we would be about to take the picture and somebody would walk right in front of us and they would be in our picture. We definitely had a blast though and I love those girls to death I don't know where my life would be without them.



I then attempted to drive home after leaving the girls and I got on I-80 to go to I-215 because that only takes me about 10 minutes to get to my house. Well me being an idiot missed the I-215 entrance and started to head for Wendover. There was no place to turn around so I had to keep going until I hit Magna (not sure where that is) so instead of a 10 minute drive it took me an hour to get home. Needless to say I learned my lesson and now I know my way around that area.



Sunday, Chris called in sick (he had the 24 hour flu) and we both slept in bed and watched movies ALL DAY! Finally at about 3:00 we both got up and I started doing laundry (luckily the house was still clean so I didn't have to do much cleaning) and I made rolls and hot chocolate and we watched The Christmas Shoes.....

It is definitely a sad movie but it makes you realize what Christmas is really about. Chris and I cuddled on the couch w/ Kyra on top of us. Then after we bundled up and decided we needed to get out of the house and Kyra was getting annoyed with us just sitting at home all day. So we loaded her up in the truck and went and got hot chocolate and drove around and saw all of the Christmas lights around our blocks. There is one street that reminds me of Deck The Halls (great movie).

Anyway....that was our weekend. Now it's back to work and the count down is on to Christmas in Moab. I cannot wait!!!

Love,

C&M

4 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great, lazy weekend. Unlike me, except for the great deer picture I took, especially the one that crept up on me, that stood 30 feet from me, I had another wonderful weekend with all the soldiers. But I DO love my job. I am so looking forward to Moab as well. I sure hope I do go. Love you guys -

Carly said...

yeah i got sick from a stupid lady who brought her sick kids to church and sat right next to me. but im probably going to be the co-worker to get someone sick :)
Havent seen those girls in forever and cant even remember why katelyn and i stopped being friends...oh wait, now i remember.

Christine said...

Haha!! I can't believe you got lost. That is hilarious. Now you know where Magna is. I told you it was right of 201. hehe

Jessie and Brody said...

Everything is going good! I guess we're all getting together on the 21st so that will be nice to see you guys. How are you doing?