Sunday, May 27, 2012

25 week update!


(don't mind the nasty full length mirror) I swear it didn't look that bad in real life! 


This week, Baby is the size of a: Eggplant

How far along? 25w6days

Due date: September 3, 2012

Total weight gain/loss: I had previously lost 2 pounds and at the beginning of May I had gained 6 pounds, next doctors appointment is Thursday so we shall see what more I've gained.  DR APPOINTMENT UPDATE: So far this pregnancy I've gained 14 pounds. 3 pounds since my last appointment! Not to bad! :)


Maternity clothes? Finally have switched to ALL maternity clothes, I feel so much more comfortable when I work and let me tell you what, the maternity stretch pants are TO DIE FOR! LOVE THEM!

Sleep: Let's just say every hour on the hour I go to the bathroom! I've tried to stop drinking water after 6 but I feel so dehydrated by 7 that I just give in. I'd rather keep drinking then to get dehydrated. Other than that I sleep pretty good, except for when I roll side to side I have to sit up and then lay back down on the other side because my hips pop badly if I don't and it hurts!

Best moment this week: Planning my baby shower with my mom! & having friends who want to help with it! :)

Movement: He has a pretty good schedule and it scares the h*** out of me when he doesn't stick to it. He is usually REALLY active between 10 and noon and today I hadn't felt him move AT ALL and realized this about 3:00. I tried everything and finally made our girls start barking and howling and he woke up just long enough to boot my bladder and go back to sleep. 

Food cravings: I have to start watching what I eat, I have a slight case of Gestational Diabetes, not bad enough for medication but where I'm going to meet with a Dietician at the hospital just for some helpful tips on snacks and meals. I never thought I would get GD and when 2 of 3 blood works during the 3 hour test came back higher, it threw me for a loop. I have downloaded book after book as well as probably read every Google site out there. I have always eaten healthy and couldn't shake the fact that even though I didn't give myself GD it just happens on it's own I was still blaming myself. So I'm taking every step possible to keep it under control, but man it is difficult!! 

Symptoms: By the end of the day my hips KILL! But with help from PT I do exercises at night that help ease the pain

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out? Still an inny, but you can tell it's starting to stretch

Feeling toward Pregnancy: It has gone by pretty fast, still amazed at what the body does to prepare for this new life. 

What I miss: Tanning! I'm whiter than CASPER! 

What I am looking forward to: Chris being DONE with school for good and us being able to start finishing up the nursery! Right now it's a hot mess!

Milestones: Chris being able to feel and see the baby kick as well as his brother Austin getting to see a 1-2 punch at my stomach! :)

No comments: