Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baby Steps.....The Hall Closet

Well here are my before & after pictures of my hall closet which consisted of towels, wash cloths, hand towels, sheets, blankets, perfumes, lotions, & tons of OTHER JUNK!

The whole cupboard!
Before:

After:The Top Half Of The Cupboard
Before:

After:


The Bottom Half Of The Cupboard
Before: After:

I'm sure it doesn't look like I did much but I literally threw away TONS of OLD lotions & perfumes I honestly think I've had since high school or some that had barely a drop left in them. I also threw away tons of old sheets that don't even fit the bed I have now & I have no idea why I still had them. With the towels, wash cloths, and hand towels I only got rid of 2 hand towels. I just re-folded them to be even and lay right on top of the next towel, that made a huge difference in my closet. It took me roughly an hour.


My next project is going to be my bedroom bathroom. It's just a half bath but it's terrible inside, because I am the only one to get ready in there and you girls definitely know how messy we can be. Makeup, hairspray, hair products, etc., I probably won't be able to do it for a few days since tomorrow is Monday and I will be back at the grind but hey doing 2 big things over the weekend definitely made me feel great!


AND, I have had my tennis shoes on all day & my sink is still shiny & clean!!


Have a great week!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Yeah i thought your before was your after, cuz i thought it looked pretty good before, but the after does look good! my linen closet is microscopic. have you ever watched hoarders? i have old linens that dont fit and stuff and weird decorative pillows i dont use...but i cant bring myself to get rid of it. im worrying myself that im a hoarder!

Ruth Ann said...

Love Carly's comments. Thats great! I agree your before looks good and your after looks great. My linen closet looks like a frantic pms woman got into it. I can hardly wait to go thru it. Way to go my dear. Love ya all-

Chris & Maggie said...

Carly! It's called click it & chuck it!!! Take pictures of it & throw it away. Or if it is sentimental get a hope chest to put them in. Although, everything in your closet should put a smile on your face, if not why do you have it???